- About 3 Billion users using Rohit’s invention of the Personalized URL (patent # 6,085,242)
- Pioneered Social Networks by creating the very first Social Network in 1996/1997 called eCode.
- Attracted Millions of users to eCode.com (think of eCode as Facebook meets LinkedIn. +Photos +eWallet +SSO…)
- Pioneered Social Content Curation (pre Pinterest):
- Consumer Win: in the 25 Most Popular buttons on the Google Toolbar;
- Publisher/Enterprise Win: 250,000+ websites embedded Rooh.It technology; serving over a hundred million web pages
- Around 1998: pioneered cloud storage (pre Dropbox & Box), cloud-based photos (pre Instagram, Flickr, Snapfish), Auto-login (pre Chrome Saved Passwords), and form filler technology (pre Chrome Autofill)
- Commercially pioneered Single Sign On (fbConnect/OpenID), pioneered electronic wallet and payment systems; browser toolbars; Newsfeed etc. in 1999
Products & Technology
- 20+ years of building leading software products in use by tens of millions of users.
- 17 issued US patents in search, social networking, web, content curation, highlighting, widgets etc.; numerous additional patents pending.
- Hands on with Engineering and Product Development teams: built cloud-based SaaS, AJAX, Mobile applications in 1998 before SaaS was called SaaS; and before AJAX was called AJAX…
- M.S. in Comp. Sc. from Vanderbilt Univ; B.S in Computer Science from Delhi Institute of Technology
PR / Evangelist / Media Fame
- “Business Card of The Future” – BusinessWeek headline, in article about eCode
- Written up in 300 of the world’s top publications: New York Times, Wall Street Journal…, and TV (CNBC etc.) Masthead in national news media.
- Poster-child of the Internet Revolution in India.
Affiliations & Biz Dev
- Single handedly led ~400 partnership deals for eCode including signing on ~100 enterprise customers.
- Personally opened, negotiated, closed and consummated numerous million-dollar-plus contracts/Agreements and Transactions.
- Retired Charter Member of TiE – very well-known member of the community since early 1990s.
- Raised millions of dollars in equity financing for three companies; multiple rounds. Worked on S-1 with bankers. Valued in excess of US $2 Billion.
- Post due-diligence, invited to pitch to entire partnerships on “Monday Mornings” at Sequoia, KPCB, USVP, NEA, Norwest… Championed by Mike Moritz and Vinod Khosla.
- Connected to many Tier-1 VCs and Angel groups.
Recognition (in the company of giants):
- eCode & Rohit are featured in the “History & Times of The Internet” — 2001
- Keynote Speaker at 1999 Internet World (the largest Internet conference in the world, 80,000 attendees)
- Other Keynote Speaker was Ram Shriram (Google: Board Member & first Angel)
- Previous year’s Keynote was Sabeer Bhatia (Hotmail: Founder/CEO )
- eCode executed better than competing services like Microsoft Passport (CEO Bill Gates) and Novell’s DigitalMe (CEO, Eric Schmidt, later Google CEO).
- Featured guest on 5-person panel on major TV networks along with stalwarts like
- Narayan Murthy – Founder/CEO: InfoSys (multi-billionaire)
- Sunil Mittal – Founder/CEO: Bharti (multi-billionaire)
- Profiled by Business India: as one of the most successful Indians in the US along with Vinod Khosla, Amar Bose, Kanwal Rekhi, Desh Deshpande, Vivek Ranadive, Navin Jain, Vinod Dham.. and ~50 others.
- Picked to be – one of only four – top Executives (CxO/VP) by Silicon India.
- “Companies such as Hotmail, Exodus, and eCode provide examples of Indians who have taken Silicon Valley by storm” – Azim Premji, Wipro: Founder/CEO (richest person in the world at the time) said in a press interview.
|Versatile, Diverse, Serial Entrepreneur: excellent insights into the startup eco-system with hands-on, deep domain expertise having successfully built: